Friday, October 3, 2014

Be there for Others! #breastcancerawareness

It's been the hardest year of my life thus far, losing my mother suddenly to a stroke last fall.    As pumpkins and mums bring the color of fall along with the leaves…. I am reminded of my loss.

I want to honor my mother by acknowledging my loss by LIVING and being content with what is present in my life today.  

My mother shaped me into the person I am today…. She was Vibrant and Fun…. she loved to laugh and she loved a good debate…. sometimes her ability to be comfortable in her own skin made me uncomfortable at times… being "out there" or very vocal when I would choose to be less.   Do all daughters do this with their mothers?  I don't know, but probably.

The older I get I realize the value of LIVING… not to live for me but to LIVE for others…. to be the support system for other people either emotionally, physically, financially or spiritually.   It's an honor to laugh with, talk with, listen to and be present for the people in our lives who cross our path each day.

It TRULY makes me think about this month, losing my mother to a stroke and thinking about how many moms have been lost to Breast Cancer.   October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and how many women are affected and how we all know someone who has fought the fight and either won or lost that battle.    Our HEROS are the women who have endured it…. while raising a family, while being strong for others while they are trying to be strong for themselves.   It's a cruel disease.

How can we turn a blind eye to this disease and to our friends who are fighting?    Yes, I fully acknowledge that sometimes we don't know what to say if we have not gone through it, just as sometimes you don't know what to say when someone is losing a loved one to another battle.    It's kind of like giving birth, you don't know what it's like until you go through it…. and I am sure that Breast Cancer is the same.    It's a club you don't want to become a part of…. just like losing a mother is not a club you want to belong to either.

So for all the women who we know… or will meet that will battle breast cancer, I want to encourage you to get a mamogram this month, show your support and wear your PINK.  I want to mail 10 pink Eumi bracelets to the first 10 women who message me their story…. I want to honor YOU by helping you feel "less alone" because while I don't know what it is like to lose a mother to breast cancer, I lost a mother…. and that is truly a club I didn't choose to belong to.    This Eumi Bracelet (pronounced YOU-ME) is just that….. One for YOU and one for ME… WE are in this together!

If you don't win a free one, please order yours today at www.esbedesigns.com/theda and let's show our support!


God Bless,

Theda




No comments:

Post a Comment