Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Project

Okay... so I didn't really want to be THIS busy but it feels good to accomplish something!   It's good to show your kids the meaning of hard work and that you have "other" skills but I admit.... I am so sore today I can barely lift my arms!    My daughter wanted to go to an expensive dance camp this summer... so in order to help her EARN her way there.... we told her instead of paying someone to "do the deck" this spring, we would do it together and she would be helping!   Two weekends later... stripping, power washing, sanding and then protecting.... the project is DONE!   I couldn't be happier!    I know we did a better job than anyone else would have done because we did it so very well.... but I know why I pay people to do it most years!   What a chore!   Thankfully, it was a beautiful day yesterday and my husband bought some neat power tools to make the job go faster.   In the end, I feel good that we worked together as a family on this project, that the kids learned how to do this project and that skill will serve them well one day!   Did I tell you how glad I was that this project was done?    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment